I found Dell’s Digg-like IdeaStorm site today while having a look on Doc Searl’s January 2008 LJ Index.
This is a great example of Web 2.0 in action, together with similar sites as IBM’s Innovation Jam.
It shows how Linux is highly rated by everybody, as a top request amongst these ideas. Check Linux rank as of 2008-2-23 10:00 UTC-3:
- Get GNU/Linux Machines in Retail Stores
- Make Ubuntu laptops cheaper than Windows laptops (in all countries)
- Put Ubuntu on the list of operating systems when building a PC!
- Preinstalled Software Must Be Optional
- Make Linux and no Operating system standard options on all future products
- Offer Ubuntu on more hardware
- Standardize Power Cables for Laptops
- Ubuntu Dell Repo
- Submit hardware specifications to the Linux Driver Project
- There should be an option of having no trialware on all computers
- Pre-Installed OpenOffice | alternative to MS Works & MS Office